Friday, February 4, 2011

#16

(Virginia at 83)

September 10, 1954


Virginia - dearest,

What a wonderful, wonderful feeling I have! In my work, I'm singing; in my look, I'm smiling. Everybody looks happy. Is it because I'm that way? Are you happy, too?

While happy, still, a storm is raging in the inside of me - a rebellion against your being away from me. Each day I'm hungrier - hungry for your words, your look, your tenderness, your fragrance divine - your all! Must I starve longer more?

Say the things you want to say - before I cannot hear anymore. Write the words you feel - before I cannot see anymore. Life is unpredictable. It is later than you think.


Lovingly,  
Gomer




(Married on November 6, 1954 , the union lasted fifty-five years with seven children and seventeen grandchildren as witnesses to a love that like Gomer said, "even death could not part."


Happy Valentine's Day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment