Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Letters #1

( These letters tell a story of undying love. Special permission has been granted by Doña Virginia Derecho Vda. de Suarez. Thanks, Mom.)

 

11:30 pm
October 22, 1950


Dear Virginia,
                                                                                                                  
You know why I made this trip - that is, if you believe me, for I have told you the real reason. I would have told you more, but I was afraid you'd misunderstand me and call me impudent. Besides, there was no opportune time.

 I would have written you when I reach Cebu - as I told you. The fear of uncertain destiny urges me to tell you now that - I love you so. Who knows what will happen to the ship I am taking? Happen what may now, I shall be happy in death, fully conscious that I have not stilled the voice of my heart - even not knowing what the answer will be.

Gini, I love you! I love you so, with all the goodness of my heart.

I shall not have the opportunities of paying court to you - usual, before marriage. But I shall have a lifetime to do it - after. I promise you I will.

Gini, I am asking you to marry me. I have not said that to anyone in all my life - til now. Say the word, and I shall fly back to get you. If you want, tell me who are to be asked for your hand and I will humbly implore them to give you to me in marriage - the kind, you shall choose.

 Enclosed is my card so you will know where to address your letter.

 I pray and hope that this letter could deserve your answer. Please do!


Affectionately,
Gomer

                                                                          

2 comments: