Thursday, February 10, 2011

#11

July 19, 1953


My dear Virginia,

Here again comes the voice from the wilderness. Much as it wanted to, oftener, helplessness stiffles it. Then sudden fear comes out again. The fear came last Saturday when I opened the morning papers. A pictorial account of a bridal shower given in your hospital appeared and before I could finish reading the whole caption, fear gripped my heart.

I was so afraid that finally I should lose you - alive, forever! God chose to be kinder to me, giving a respite - that it was not you. Then I breathed a little easier and begin to hope once again. I am still hoping, fearing, praying - you know what for. And sometimes comes the wishing that I die without seeing the thing that I most fear becoming a reality.

My case rests.


All there is,
Gomer

No comments:

Post a Comment