Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love Sonnets

My niece Jackie is only 14 and never been in love or heartbroken (or so her mother claims). Budding poets apparently pop up like an early crocus in late winter. Here then is her first brush with young love and romance - real or imagined. Enjoy. I did.



by Jacqueline Almase Suarez

sonnet 1

do you remember the day you asked me
and on that same day i also said yes
seven years have passed and all i can see
is there's no more us and it's all a mess

february fourteen two thousand and four
and that was the day you knocked on my door
february fourteen two thousand and four
and that was the day i wish there were more

i remember my first kiss was back there
for a short moment our lips quickly touch
and on that same moment for you, i care
i was hoping you would care just as much

i'm wishing it could be, just me and you
wishing a thousand times, you wished it too.


sonnet 2

it tore me, when i saw you fall in love
she was everything, but nothing like me
she was pretty, and graceful like the dove
i'm in the sidelines, but you can't see

she's "miss perfect" with her very long hair
i remember you kissed her on a dare
you touched her cheek, so flawless and so fair
on that moment i knew you really cared

i know i'm not perfect like the girl is
but i want you to know i do know this
those lips of yours that once gave me a kiss
those are the lips i will terribly miss

it tore me apart when you fell in love
with a girl who fell from heaven above


No comments:

Post a Comment