Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Resurrection

(pic art by rennan q)


     And what did I learn with this self-imposed silence on Facebook? That staying away from the computer was easy. Not posting anything was my vow of silence. That was easy too. The world went on without me. What was not easy was cutting myself off from family and friends. Relationships and  the connections we have are not easy things to give up. I missed out on making new friends and renewing  old acquaintances. And sharing ZenSue's thoughts. These are the stuff that's hard to let go.
     But I also renewed other connections. Spring came slowly but surely, the greening of the world after  winter and everything that came with it . The birds came back with a vengeance,excitement evident in their early-morning chatter of where they've been and what they've been up to. Perennial flowers push their way out of the ground  to see what the commotion is all about and warm sunshine lays its hands on my skin and the whole world like a blessing. Mother Nature has once again dressed up, the trees with its blossoms gorgeous.

     One realizes that though nothing stays the same, some things come back about the same time every year. Perhaps different only in how we see them, if we notice them at all.

   And yes, absence of the obvious makes it very much present. This I know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment