Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How Do I Love Thee ? (with apologies to EBB)

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways
I love thee to the depth and breadth
   of thy thousand Lego pieces on the floor
Bionicle parts runneth out of thy room
I can barely close the door

I love thee to my inner being's most quiet need (for privacy)
I  love thee unconditionally though thou test me sorely
I love thee endlessly as much as I wish for the day to end early
I love thee with passion put to use wisely
In my prayers, in my yearnings, and in my hopes
I love thee with a love that puts fear in me
And with all the saints, I love thee with the breath, all the sighs,
Weepings, and laughter- and if God chose to smile
I shall love thee better
When you both sleep at night and wake up even later


(pic art by ZenSue)

No comments:

Post a Comment